Hospitalist Jobs in California
Tuesday · March 28, 2023
1 Job in The Golden State
Photo: View of the Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Irvine) is a multispecialty group practice.
- Self-starter with ability to practice with a high degree of independence.
- Communicates with families, referring physicians, specialists, administration and hospital departments in the care and treatment of patients referred to the service.
- Current California DEA certificate.
- Board Certified Internal Medicine.
- We are passionate about patients.
- Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to discuss patients progress, variances and achievement of expected outcomes and plan of care.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure that all necessary documentation is accurate, complete, and timely including medical records, billing/coding and any other such documentation as requested by hospital from time to time.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience preferred.
- The Clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- If you're looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you.
- As part of our continued growth, Optum is looking for Full-Time Nocturnist to join our team in Orange County.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage and tail policy, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, bonus potential.
- EMR proficient.
- That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Conduct hospital rounds on all patients referred to the service.
- UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Coverage: Three affiliated hospitals in Orange County region.
- Work with hospitals and clinical staff, social services, utilization management and other members of the interdisciplinary teams.
- Unrestricted California State Medical License.
- Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Schedule:12-hour shifts 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM /1:00 PM - 1:00 AM.
- We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices.
- All this together is your time to do your life's best work.
- Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace.
- We want our Clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient's needs.
- Provide patient care in a manner consistent with hospital medical staff by-laws and referring physician requests.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role.
- Ability to work both shifts on a full-time basis.
- We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience.
- And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
- Managed Care and Medi-Cal experience desirable.
This perm job opening was posted
11 days ago
by Optum - Healthcare Partners